A third of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste!
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: To inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. We are the world's #1 app for fighting food waste. We work with thousands of restaurants and food retailers to make their surplus food available to local consumers. The magic of Too Good To Go has been spreading rapidly across Europe and now also the US, with over 55 million meals saved across 15 countries to date.
We’re proud of what we’ve achieved so far, but did we mention the issue is huge? We are expanding our team as we speak. And that’s where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and inspiring Sales Management Expert with a passion for fighting food waste to temporarily replace our Head of Sales in her maternity leave during 6 months from March to end of August 2021 - including 2 overlapping months.
In this interim role, you will lead and coach a team of 20 people that’s responsible for acquiring new stores (think independent coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries as well as chains of supermarkets and restaurants). This is a great challenge for a driven sales professional who will have the chance to coach an ambitious sales team and experience a fast-paced working environment.
During this 6 months mission, your goal will be to keep the sales ship afloat. You will help maximizing sales performance, provide leadership to the sales (management) team and develop structures and strategies to support the team as it grows, including:
- Inspire: Nurture a high-performance sales culture within the team to support our mission and company goals.
- Develop & grow: Using your in-depth knowledge and experience, you will ensure the team fulfills their potential and constantly train, coach, mentor and support for peak performance & personal growth.
- Strategy and market mapping: Analyze the Belgian market to identify geographic and segment opportunities for growth and build the plan for optimum results.
- Leadership and Management: Work with the management team on the broader plans for the Belgian business including stakeholder reporting.
Why you are the Food Waste Warrior we’re looking for:
- You are a great salesperson and an inspirational leader. You have an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team, and you know how to turn vision and strategy into actions.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working and leading a team in sales. This has exposed you to different sales environments and methodologies that you can draw on to inspire our team.
- You are highly empathetic and at the same time, you know how to challenge people. You have strong listening skills, you know how to create a safe environment and are open to give and receive feedback.
- You are a first-class communicator. Your honesty, sense of respect and positive energy inspire and encourage your team to be the best version of themselves.
- You have developed a sales function in a scale-up, fast-growth business. You thrive in a job that moves quickly and are comfortable with change.
- You have high-level data and analytical skills and you work with KPIs to guide actions.
- You can balance strategy and operations: you are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- You are highly organized and can build plans and processes that meet business needs.
- You have a true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
What we have to offer:
- A fixed 6 months contract.
- A professional experience in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where we celebrate as hard as we work!
You can’t wait, and want to apply?
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
- Looking forward to hearing from you!