30% of food produced is wasted. We are on a mission to change that.
Too Good To Go is a social impact company, and we reduce food waste by making surplus food from cafes, restaurants and supermarkets available to our users. You purchase food through an app, collect locally and enjoy knowing you are saving food, money - and the planet!
We’re growing fast with 14 countries currently active and more coming, and we’ve just been named “Europe’s hottest startup 2019”. But here’s what really matters: through our app, we’ve been saving one meal per second - currently, that means that more than 36 million meals have been saved from the bin -equalling more than 91,000 tons of CO2 saved!
Sounds like your kind of mission? Here is what it will entail:
As our Movement Coordinator, you will be the ultimate ambassador of our mission. Not only will you grow our movement by working on different projects and campaigns to raise awareness on food waste, but you will also help our team become even better ambassadors of our movement by training and educating them too. Excited? Have a look at some of our past movement projects: www.verkiezingenzonderverspilling.be, Schattenjacht
As our Movement Coordinator, you will:
- Be part of our Marketing team which consists of a Head of Marketing, a Creative, a Digital Marketeer and a PR representative
- Create and coordinate your actions (together with the help of our Marketing team). You will for example immediately start working on one of our biggest projects: influence date labelling on manufacturer level
- Structure a long term game plan based upon our 4 pillars - politics, households, school & businesses - so we can have the biggest impact.
- Give and coordinate keynotes to spread our food waste revolution
- Attend events as a Too Good To Go ambassador and build a network
- Instigate B2B and B2C partnerships with a positive impact for all parties involved
- Exchange with your international colleagues to take our movement to the next level
- Be responsible for our movement website (keep it up to date, functioning, etc.)
Why you are the Food Waste Warrior we’re looking for:
- You already have at least 2 years of experience in companies doing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), e.g. being active in fields like sustainability, fighting food waste, education, politics, etc. Experience in food related sectors is a big plus.
- You are perfectly trilingual (Dutch/French/English).
- You dream of inspiring and empowering others to have an impact. You think outside of the box and are motivated to drive change.
- You are deeply passionate about sustainability and fighting food waste, and you strengthen that passion with a lot of knowledge and insight into the subject.
- You are incredibly hands on and like to be in the centre of the action.
- You love project management and crave a lot of diversity in your job.
- Public speaking is your thing. You capture a stage with ease and love being on there.
- You love a good discussion, when it's based on solid arguments and flavoured with some humour.
- You are able to sit around a table and negotiate with high profile partners.
If you still need more convincing…
- You will have the chance and opportunity to be a pioneer in a fast scaling international scale-up with a very real environmental and social impact.
- Next to cultivating an awesome team culture, we will invest in your personal and professional growth by giving you the chance to work with a diverse mix of talented people and participate in different coaching sessions and workshops.
- We will inspire you to raise the bar and be the best version of yourself by giving you the right balance of freedom and structure, and make sure to bring in a good deal of fun. In order to have the most positive impact, we encourage our team to travel to the office by public transport: we’ll cover your train or bus fees. You like biking? We’ll also provide you with a subscription to shared bikes (Blue-Bike). Most importantly, you’ll have the chance to do something that really matters - every day. Every single partner you bring on board saves meals from going to waste.
We know what you’re thinking… “How can I send in my application?”
Apply in English with your CV and a motivation letter that tells us why we shouldn't want to live without you for a second longer!
Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
The deadline is “the sooner the better”