Head of Construction
PerPetum Energy is one of the key players on the market of industrial decarbonization in Belgium and abroad. We love finding solutions for the challenges that heavy consumer industry and energy-consuming communities are facing.
What makes PerPetum Energy unique? Our people. Our people deliver sustainable solutions to complex projects with their know-how. Therefor they are the catalyst for our success. Working with us implies taking on huge-scale challenges with our customers, in a respectful, customer-oriented and sustainable manner.
We are looking for a Head of Construction. This leadership position covers the full spectrum of our construction and installation activities. The Head of Construction will lead and manage the construction team, including Project Managers and Site Supervisors, to ensure the efficient and effective construction of PerPetum’s projects. The role involves strategic planning, team leadership, project oversight, and ensuring adherence to safety, quality, and budgetary standards. The Head of Construction will report directly to PerPertum Chief Operating Officer.
Your key responsibilities
1. Team leadership
- You have the overall responsibility for the development and management of the Construction department and will continually develop our service delivery;
- You provide strong leadership to the construction team (Project Managers and Site Supervisors), fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment aligned with PerPetum Values;
- You manage the overall project resourcing including recruitment, liaison, onboarding, coordination, training, development and mentoring in close cooperation with HR.
2. Project management
- You oversee the planning, scheduling, and execution of solar EPC projects, ensuring alignment with project goals and objectives. You monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective actions as needed. You ensure timely completion of projects within budget and quality parameters;
- You have the flexibility to step in and lead construction projects on site as required;
- You generate regular project status reports for PerPetum Chief Operating Officer and stakeholders;
- You maintain accurate and comprehensive project documentation within PerPetum Sharepoint and ERP.
3. Safety and Quality management
- Together with PerPetum Safety advisor, you enforce strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations on construction sites;
- You maintain high-quality standards throughout the construction process, implementing quality control measures in collaboration with PerPetum ISO coordinator.
4. Budget and cost management
- You collaborate with the finance department and PerPetum Bid Managers to develop and manage project budgets;
- You monitor project costs, analyze variances, and take corrective actions to stay within budgetary limits.
5. Risk management
- You identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to minimize project disruptions;
- You implement and maintain effective risk management practices across construction projects.
Your skills, qualifications and competencies
- You have a Master’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or a related field;
- Relevant certifications in project management or construction management are advantageous;
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing large-scale renewable/power plant construction projects with a minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant similar areas;
- You speak fluently Dutch, French and English;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate, guide, and collaborate with the team;
- You have in-depth understanding of project management methodologies and tools;
- You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring on-time delivery;
- You have comprehensive knowledge of solar EPC construction processes, best practices, and industry;
- You have proficiency in budget development, cost tracking, and financial analysis;
- You have excellent negotiation and communication skills to interact effectively with stakeholders;
- You have strong organizational skills to manage resources, schedules, and documentation effectively;
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing circumstances.
We offer you a challenging environment and a varied position with lots of responsibility, the necessary space and a high degree of autonomy.
You will be part of a fast-growing organization with an open atmosphere and a great team.
You can make your mark in the world of renewable energy and help Perpetum achieve its mission.
In addition you will receive a competitive salary package, with a company car and numerous extra-legal benefits.
Then please send your CV and motivation to email@example.com
We will handle your application swiftly and discreetly.