Consultant EIA, Real Estate - FraBeLux
South Pole and CO2logic form the world’s largest climate solutions provider and carbon project developer. We take corporations and institutions worldwide on a climate journey towards low carbon operations and advise them in defining ambitious sustainability strategies.
Our solutions contribute to reducing global carbon dioxide emissions while supporting initiatives that protect the territories and communities most vulnerable to climate change.
The Consultant’s goal is to implement Environment Impact Accounting projects for corporations in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg, with a focus on the real estate sector, and provide our clients with advisory services helping to reduce their impact on climate. This includes a variety of tasks such as data search and analysis, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting, writing deliverables and proposals on corporate climate strategies, and climate change mitigation solutions. From our Paris or Brussels offices, you will contribute to projects teamwork with large mandates and be expected to manage regular projects.
● Support with the preparation of proposals and completion of deliverables for the corporate sector, with a focus on real estate, including both technical and administrative requirements, to the level of quality required by South Pole and our local clients.
● Manage small projects, including interacting with the client and the project team.
● Ensure assigned tasks/projects are delivered on time and within the available budget.
● Manage project information and knowledge according to our best project management practices.
● Support with the development and improvement of specialised skills, tools and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole.
● Support business development through desktop research and developing materials to be shared with possible clients and partners.
● Topics of engagement will include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), risk assessment and TCFD, materiality assessment, energy efficiency, and renewable energy strategy.
Essential profile requirements
● Master of Science Engineering, Architectural or Environmental Engineering or other sustainability or construction techniques related disciplines.
● Relevant work experience (minimum 1 year) in sustainability consulting for corporate clients, preferably in the real estate and construction sectors, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; scope 3 emissions accounting; reduction target setting (SBTs).
● Ability to conduct research tasks, analyse, and summarise data.
● Prioritisation and time management skills.
● Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
● Ability to manage projects in a multi-stakeholder context
● Excellent oral and written skills in French or Dutch and English.
● Good writing skills, with the ability to create high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
● Ability to interact effectively with clients, collaborators, or other relevant stakeholders.
● Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word. The practice of Power BI and the experience with the TOTEM tool would be an asset.
Desirable profile requirements
● Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
● Practical experience in climate change and sustainability strategy development; energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario and stakeholder engagement
● Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability and renewable energy challenges in local or multinational companies.
● Knowledge of scope 3 emissions accounting, in particular with real estate standards (EPRA, GRESB or CREEM)
● A first experience with European Product Declaration and/or Life Cycle Assessment would add value.
● Awareness of current national and international policy developments regarding climate change and sustainable development for real estate (e.g. EU Taxonomy and Green Deal)
● Diligent, reliable, and proactive.
● Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
Together with your colleagues, you are committed to a common purpose. As a young, innovative, ambitious, and fast-growing organisation, CO2logic, a South Pole company, is the employer of choice to act for a sustainable and low carbon society. Based in Brussels, you will enjoy part-time home working and a fair salary in line with your experience and expertise.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Credible Climate Action