Business Development Intern (Paid Internship)
Who are we?
We know companies have a significant role in the global sustainable transition, and Tapio is there to inspire them to tackle climate change. We provide them the tools & carbon expertise they need to succeed. We envision a decarbonized future, and we're looking to team up with great people and solve problems. Sound like a match?
What are we looking for?
You have a sharp sales mindset, and you want to grow professionally, creating an impact↓
Our climate tech start-up located at the heart of Brussels is looking for a sales trainee. A visionary soulready to challenge the status quo taking ownership when going the extra mile. Our ideal candidate is a curious, skilled and motivated entry-level OKR oriented individual that's willing to collaborate in a learning-by-doing environment. Your mission will be to identify, nurture and convert quality leads through marketing-driven sales strategies to sell our value proposition to potential customers that want to reduce their environmental impact overall. You will be working closely with our CEO as part of our Sales & Marketing department.
What you'll do, in a few words ↓
The Business Development team will grow as you do, and transforming upcoming prospects into SQL will be your responsibility. You'll work directly with our CEO & Business Development Manager on the following missions:
- Know by heart Tapio's structure as a whole, making the best out of it
- Understand the competitive landscape of the market of carbon management
- Take ownership of our current lead management process, and help improve it
- Collaborate with Tapio's product and service team to improve your pitch
- Manage inbound leads from multi-stakeholder/multi-geographic contexts
- Generate insights about the sustainable transformation of our customers
We are looking for
Awareness and sensitivity to climate issues, motivation, proactivity, creativity, rigour, ownership and tech-enthusiast. We are looking for someone eager to learn more, autonomous and able to take initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French or Dutch;
- Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Proven track record of working with rapidly changing deadlines and having the ability to move in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong team player with a history of working well across organizations, plus if experience with stakeholders as Director and C-level executives;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills;
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others;
- Commercial awareness, experience in business development is plus;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
We’d love to hear from you, if you ...
- Are an endless learner, eager to keep track of state-of-the-art technology;
- Are open-minded and with a great sense of humour;
- Are familiar with the processes of calculating and reducing greenhouse gas emissions: carbon accounting (GHG protocol), Science-Based Targets, Life Cycle Assessment (Simapro or other), ...
- Financial compensation, based on your situation;
- Training & learning opportunities;
- An incredible work environment located in the heart of Brussels (251 av. Louise, nearby Bailli);
- Flexible working hours – you’ll get rewarded upon your performance, not your timesheet;
- Meet some of the most exciting and promising climate solutions;
- Monthly team lunches and after-work parties;
- Great autonomy, strong responsibilities and a career boost for any entrepreneurs;
- A young and dynamic environment surrounded by a great team in search of excellence.
EEO & diversity statement
Tapio welcomes and values your uniqueness. We are committed to treating all applications equally regardless of their age, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and any other that make you unique.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Accelerating the climate transition by providing the right tools & expertise to organizations