Key Account Manager
We’re looking for an exceptional Key Account Manager to join us in our team in Belgium.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Too Good To Go by using your experience in the food retail sector to acquire and grow partnerships with prominent retailers in the food and beverages industry, focusing specifically on supermarkets and grocery stores.
Your primary responsibility is to win Key Accounts in the food retail sector that are not yet working with us (e.g. Lidl, Delhaize, Colruyt, Aldi and other retailers in the Belgian landscape). Next to this, you will help strengthen and build our relationships with important existing key accounts together with the Key Partner Growth Manager. You will work with their stakeholders, building trust and connect with them, while looking for opportunities to expand our commercial partnership, maximise our presence in their estate, and get their business more involved in the food waste movement. Reporting to the Key Account Lead you will work closely with the Growth team to ensure the successful onboarding of new stores and deliver training to staff. You will also collaborate with other Key Accounts team members, as well as colleagues across marketing and independent sales.
The role will include:
- Research : independently search for new opportunities, learn about the business in depth, build strong relationships with the stakeholders and understand their decision-making process.
- Going on the road, talking to the potential customers, visiting stores and getting to know the pain points, operations, … to include in the pitch and value proposition.
- Business development, convince HQ’s and stores to integrate TGTG in their processes. Build and suggest strong commercial offers in order to convince stakeholders.
- Working closely with Account Growth: sharing your portfolio, ensuring together the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met. Developing strategies to grow and optimise your accounts and working with the retailer to increase store coverage and overall supply.
- Contribute to the Key Account strategy and supporting international cooperation across global chain opportunities. Building reports to track performance and identify trends, create financial projections and forecasts for internal planning and commercial proposals.
- Pitch: create and deliver high quality, professional presentations to potential partners, and confidently speak about the business and food waste proposition.
- Cross-team collaboration to become a trusted Food Waste Advisor. Share technical food waste knowledge, data and results to advise and partner with the Key Accounts.
- Solid commercial experience working in the food retail sector. You should have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Belgian supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Knowledge and/or interest in retail operations. Find the best ways to integrate new processes and services into the existing store operations.
- Master in the art of framing the right value proposition to the customer. Knowledge of what the partners need and what area of value we need to emphasize to them.
- Account Management experience, demonstrating an ability to build reports, establish trust, deepen relationships, and grow business together.
- Ability to lead negotiations skilfully, and create and deliver high impact pitches
- Communication and storytelling. You know when to speak, you know how to listen, and you know how to engage a whole room and keep their attention
- Full professional proficiency in Dutch (required that is mother language), French and English,
- Planning and project management skills to both plan and project manage effectively throughout the Key Account acquisition and retention process.
- CRM & Data Analysis knowledge to use raw data to create performance reports and projections to identify and understand trends, opportunities and issues.
- A true passion for the mission and raising awareness of food waste & sustainability.
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1300 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in a thriving, high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
Too Good To Go Belgium
De app om voedselverspilling tegen te gaan